GOAL: Focus on how a simple Element of Art can MAKE a design. Learn to apply basic essential technical skills with thinking and planning to impact the success of your design.
Texture is a powerful element of design that can drive an entire composition all by itself. Sometime the entire composition is a single texture while other times texture is a dominant component within the design. Your challenge is to create a composition of many different texture while maintaining unity among them.
Remember: All Epic Design Quests require documentation of your design process. Be sure you are very familiar with the design process before beginning any Epic Quest.
To begin this project now you may click Accept.
Create your new project page titled “Texture Montage”. Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and correctly document these 7 steps on the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
- Understand importance of and influence TEXTURE can have on an image.
- Create Unity with a series of images that may not always have an obvious visual connection
- Produce a montage of 9 or 16 images of Texture.
- Work towards an inspired and original solution.
- Digitally develop images to enhance focus on the element of texture.
- Utilize basic Lightroom & Photoshop skills to build a montaged composition.
- Apply correct file and image size control to final solution.
COMPLETE: You need a fully finished project page included all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain’s Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Texture Montage - Stage 2
Submit a URL
Great Work Design Agent.
Amazing work, Visitor.
Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other’s need to see what you have accomplished.
MASTERY: To earn your mastery:
- Get your artwork printed and matted or mounted (If its larger than 8.5 x 11 it will need to be matted or spray mounted. ask the Captain)
- Have it selected for display in the hall
You are a truly special talent, Visitor!
We have big plans for you!!