from Aline Smithson
Most students explore photography outside the traditional educational arenas and haven’t yet considered making work about concepts and ideas. To finish out this semester I would like you to make a visual connection between words and ideas. For this project, your challenge is to reply to these ten questions with photographs. interpretation is open but challenging. Try to avoid documentary style images as your skill set for a photographer goes far beyond scavenging for an object, place, or time. Challenge your own creative ability of interpretation.
- Who are you?
- What did you look like as a child
- What is your main character trait?
- What inspires you the most?
- What do you normally never take a picture of?
- What do you love about photography?
- If you weren’t a photographer what would you be?
- What is the first thing you touch in the morning?
- Who is important to you?
- What is the meaning of life?
Feel free to document all of your thoughts or potential solutions to the questions. However also keep in mind your images may only be accompanied by a single word title upon submission.