Your challenge for this quest will be to create Unity in a piece of art made of three separate parts called a triptych.
You will also need to apply at least one self-chosen technique utilizing: Lighting, Composition or digital manipulation. This will assist in creating unity while also take you design in a directed stylization.
a set of three associated artistic, literary, or musical works intended to be appreciated together.
WARNING: Upon accepting this quest you will have 25 days to complete the quest. After that deadline the quest will be worth 50% less!
To begin this project now you may click Accept.
Time remaining before Penalty goes into effect
Definition: A triptych is picture in three parts. The triptych is a very popular format in the arts for a range of reasons. The triptych is used for altarpieces, with a large central panel and two smaller panels painted inside folding doors. As well as being functionally appropriate, the three-fold nature reflects the religious symbolism of the number three.
The three-act dramatic structure is also evident in the application of the triptych format by many artists, with the panels representing a beginning, a middle and an end.The way an artist uses the three panels of a triptych can vary; sometimes they may flow together to form a single unified scene, or they may each function as a separate painting; but usually there will be a strong sense of visual coherence. Ways to achieve this include a continuous horizon line or background, a unified palette, consistent handling of the subject matter, or a progression or continuity of theme or subject.
The word triptych has its origins in the Greek 'triptykhos' meaning three-layered.
Create your new project page titled _______________. Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and correctly document these 7 steps on the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
- Produce 2 Triptychs (one must be Film)
- Your triptych needs to show unity
- 1 triptych will need to communicate an idea or story
- The 2nd triptych may be any style include just focusing on creative or interpretive subject matter or compositions
- Use creative problem solving for a inspired and original solution
- Demonstrate how you used problem solving skills
- Explore and demonstrate at least one NEW digital skill on project page (It is not required that you use the skill in your final solution)
PROJECT Process & Instruction
Design Process STAGE 1: UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM
1. Consider what the goal of your design is: this is likely done through research as you need to show understanding of what you will be creating
- What is a triptych?
- What will you learn or explore with this project?
- What is the goal of a triptych?
Design Process STAGE 2: Research and Investigate
Always record every resource either as a cited source or a linked resource with documentation on your project page.
2. Research information topic thoroughly
- What is the historical significance of triptychs
- Research your purpose.
- The more information you have about the people place concept of a project, the more inventive and creative you can be as you brainstorm design ideas.
- What is necessary for a successful triptych?
ALL of my Diigo resource links for Triptychs
Design Process STAGE 3: Generate Possible Solutions
Search out inspiration everywhere:
3. Brainstorm ideas for visual imagery representing elements of your topic -- Show your brainstorming as idea webs, clouds, lists, found imagery, small sketches of elements (at least 25 ideas, words, elements required)
- Brainstorm - concepts (what your design is trying to show, say, or communicate)
- Brainstorm - style, techniques, or even a medium you will use to create the design
- Brainstorm - colors, objects, patterns, images, or stories that could make a connection to your idea
- What will you be communicating?
4. Begin sketching thumbnail ideas for the entire invite.
- Sketch at least 3 completely different design solutions in your sketchbook.
- Thumbnail sketches should be about 4" sketches in sketchbook
- Designs should be ORIGINAL though inspired!
- Consider possible color schemes and fonts even if just in notation.
- Be aware of size restrictions and page proportions
Design Process STAGE 4: Select and Develop Best Solution
5. Select the best solution
- notate why you have chosen it
- Finalize a new detailed sketch of best solutions
- sketch the composition of entire design plan
- Focus on possible color schemes
- Document what Principles and Elements you will utilize
- Carefully consider fonts to be used (beware of crazy display fonts, they are often cheesy!)
- How will you create hierarchy of information? (Define what is most important and least important in the design)
Design Process STAGE 5: Model and Prototype (Create)
6. Begin production of your design
- Artwork must be exactly sized (???) with a resolution of 300ppi
- Practice, develop or refine new skills you are exploring.
- Remember Craftmanship matters. It shows you care!
- All images and illustrations must be original and follow copyright laws
- Remember to take in-progress screenshots for you project page-required
Design Process STAGE 6: Test and Evaluate
7. Self-reflect on your design
- self-reflect and carefully evaluate your successes and difficulties
- How could you take it further?
- Ask others for their opinions and document the suggestions whether you agree with them or not.
- Refine or develop elements of the design that can be improved
- Consider asking the Captain for a brief In-Progress Critique
Design Process STAGE 7: Produce
8. Turn in the final .JPG and Print
- Turn file into the captain's server
- Get final printed and mounted
- Finalize Project Page with full self-reflection
- what you learned
- Fill out our grade sheet
COMPLETE: You need a fully finished project page included all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain's Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Great Work Design Agent.
Amazing work, Visitor.
Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other's need to see what you have accomplished.
MASTERY: To earn your mastery:
- Get your artwork printed and matted or mounted (If its larger than 8.5 x 11 it will need to be matted or spray mounted. ask the Captain)
- Have it selected for display in the hall
You are a truly special talent, Visitor!
We have big plans for you!!