- a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object, as a cutout or configurational drawing, uniformly filled in with black, especially a black-paper, miniature cutout of the outlines of a famous person’s face.
- the outline or general shape of something:
the slim silhouette of a skyscraper.
- a dark image outlined against a lighter background.
A Silhouetted image is both mysterious and intriguing. Technique is critical to successful creation of a silhouette but as always how you use it is more important than knowing how to make one.
If you are ready to test your complete control of exposure control, accept this quest now.
This quest will require significant research and investigation as a major component of your process. While skill will allow for success, your process and planning of how you will utilize AND create the silhouette will define success or failure in your artwork.
Utilize the resources below AND do investigation of your own. Application of silhouettes in creative compositions varies far beyond just portraits.
Apply the design process while clearly and thoroughly documenting your process on a Project Page. Read the entire Quest and understand the expectation and requirements before beginning. It’s part of the first stage of the design process.
Create your new project page titled Silhouettes. Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and correctly document these 7 steps on the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
COMPLETE: You need a fully finished project page including all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain’s Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Great Work Visitor.
Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other’s need to see what you have accomplished.
MASTERY: To earn your mastery
- Get your photos printed and matted or mounted (If its larger than 8.5 x 11 it will need to be matted or spray mounted. ask the Captain)
Here is some additional bonus loot if you get your artwork displayed in the hall. Don’t forget to come back and claim it when you see on display!
- Have it selected for display in the hall