Posters are an obvious form of design communication. In this Epic Quest you will select a topic that you view as important information to communicate to the public. It could be an public service announcement topic or something a bit more controversial that you want to communicate through a persuasive propaganda poster.
Its open for your choosing but visual communication is key.
Student Gallery of Previous PSA poster designs
Remember: Epic Design Quests require documentation of your entire design process. Be sure you are very familiar with the design process before beginning any Epic Quest.
ALWAYS Read the entire quest before beginning to ensure you understand all requirements. Remember the process and your documentation if it is the essential part of all Epic Quests.
Think about how clever advertisements make you think about a product of idea for more than 2 seconds. How will you combine images or alter them to create something powerful, unique and eye catching while delivering a very important message to society.
- Communicate visually an impactful and productive message for society.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how propaganda can impact culture now and in history.
- Develop an understanding of how design can be so important in our world while taking a stance on an issue that is important to client or them personally.
- Create a poster using dynamic IMAGERY (not just words) to communicate an important message
- Maintain a simplified design that does not use more elements or words than necessary.
COMPLETE: Complete your project page post by with scanning images of ALL pages of your sketchbook and includ them appropriately on the project page. Now submit your final artwork as a .jpg file (not a .psd file please). Finally get your design printed and mounted then you may claim completion.
Great Work Design Agent.
I know you want the loot that goes with mastery. Do you have everything required to complete stage 3?
CLAIM MASTERY LOOT: You have your artwork printed and mounted AND your project page contains thorough research, scanned pages of your sketchbook, clarifying notes and thorough reflections of your process. You may claim mastery. Beware if the Captain does not see a correct and through project page your mastery will be revoked and penalties may incur.