Additional Epic Loot available in Stage 3!
Project Intro: Creating photos that are not simply composed in the viewfinder is a new challenge. Use non-traditional formats of horizontal or vertical panoramic compositions to create these photos. Shooting in a wide-format may be new to some of you. If you do not have access to a wide-angle lense you may want to investigate photomerge as a technique to create your panorama.
Goals: Explore how wide-angle perspectives can influence compositions. Plan a composition that is not what you see in a viewfinder. Explore a new format.
Remember: All Epic Design Quests require documentation of your design process. Be sure you are very familiar with the design process before beginning any Epic Quest.
To begin this project now you may click Stage 2.
Create your new project page titled Panorama. Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and correctly document these 7 steps on the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
- Explore a new approach
- Produce two Panoramic images
- Final images should be at least 3000 pixels long
- Problem Solve how to see new compositions
- Practice composing without the viewfinder
- Explore new Photo-Merge Technique in Photoshop
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS & INSTRUCTION
Design Process STAGE 1: UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM
Consider what the goal of your design is:
- What is a Panoramic?
- What will make this project challenging?
Design Process STAGE 2: Research and Investigate
Always record every resource either as a cited source or a linked resource with documentation on your project page.
STUDENT GALLERY (none yet)
Research information topic thoroughly
- Learn how to photomerge in photoshop or lightroom?
- What makes a panoramic composition successful?
- When should a panoramic composition be used? Why?
- What kind of panoramic images inspire your?
Design Process STAGE 3: Brainstorm ideas
What locations or scenarios might be conducive for your panoramic compositions?
- found images
Design Process STAGE 4: Select and Develop Best Solution
What idea is most realistic idea that offers the most possibilities to explore in your shooting?
Design Process STAGE 5: Model and Prototype (Create)
Begin production of your design
- Shoot and digitally develop two panoramic images
- Show work in progress screen shots or proofsheet screenshots
- Edit negative digitally as necessary
Design Process STAGE 6: Test and Evaluate
Evaluate your results
- Evaluate your negatives and digital images
- How could you improve the results?
- Could you or should you reshoot another roll?
- Ask others for their opinions and document the suggestions whether you agree with them or not.
Design Process STAGE 7: Produce
Turn in the final .JPG's and get it Printed
- Turn file into the captain's server
- Get final printed
- Finalize Project Page with Self-Reflection
- what you learned
- Fill out Evaluation sheet
COMPLETE: You need a fully finished project page included all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain's Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Great Work Design Agent.
Amazing work, Visitor.
Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other's need to see what you have accomplished.
- Matte or Mount for BONUS LOOT: Matte or Mount Bonus
BONUS Self Assessment Loot:
After completion of your project and project page documentation choose one of the appropriate self-assessments for yourself. Consider the skill, craftsmanship, originality, and composition of your final Product: