Candid photography captures the natural expressions of subjects in their most pristine form. We often consider these portraits the purest representation of emotion and personality — much more so than a regular photo where the subject is consciously posing. But because of their elusive nature, it can be difficult to capture these fleeting moments.
Remember: All Epic Design Quests require documentation of your design process. Be sure you are very familiar with the design process before beginning any Epic Quest.
To begin this project now you may click Accept.
Create your new project page titled "Candid Photography". Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and document these 7 steps on the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
- Plan and Produce 2 emotionally driven and creatively capture Candid images
- Explore creative compositions utilizing P&E
- Use creative problem solving for a inspired and original solution
- Demonstrate how you used problem solving skills
- Explore and demonstrate at least one NEW digital skill or technique (It is not required that you use the skill in your final solution)
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS & INSTRUCTION
- At Least One Proofsheet
- Project Page documenting Entire Design Process
- 2 Final Prints
- optional matting
Design Process STAGE 1: UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM
1. Consider what the goal of your photography is
- What will you communicate?
- Why are you photographing candidly?
- What are you exploring in this assignment?
Always record all resources either as a cited source or a web linked resource with documentation
Design Process STAGE 2: Research and Investigate
2. Research information topic thoroughly
- Researched your purpose. Clarify what is needed to be successful
- The more information you have about the people place concept of a project, the more inventive and creative you can be as you brainstorm design ideas.
Design Process STAGE 3: Generate Possible Solutions
3. Brainstorm ideas for visual imagery representing elements of your topic -- Show your brainstorming as idea webs, clouds, lists, found imagery, small sketches of elements (the more the better)
- Brainstorm - Events, Locations, Groups, and situations
- Brainstorm - What kind of story you want to try and capture
4. Begin ideas ideas for your concept (once you have plan for time and place)
- For a project like Candid Sketching won't help
- Visually planning at the moment
- Lots more experimentation and trial and error
- Focus on developing a plan of action rather than
- Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself (have your camera with you)
Design Process STAGE 4: Select and Develop Best Solution
5. Select the best solution
- Critique all your attempts and consider how a different approach may offer more success
- Consider the best digital options for development
Design Process STAGE 5: Model and Prototype (Create)
6. Begin production of your design
- Be aware of your image size
- Practice, develop or refine new technical skills you are exploring.
- Remember Craftsmanship matters. It shows you care!
- Maintain originality
- Document your thoughts of difficulties, failures, and challenges
- RESHOOT when necessary
Design Process STAGE 6: Test and Evaluate
7. Self-reflect on your design
- self-reflect and carefully evaluate your successes and failures
- How could you take it further or improve?
- Do a Self-Critique and ask others as well
- Consider asking the Captain for a brief In-Progress Critique
Design Process STAGE 7: Produce
8. Turn in the final .JPG and Print
- Turn 2 files into the captain's server
- Title final images as: lastname_firstname_candid1.jpg
- Get final printed and mounted
- Finalize Project Page with full self-reflection
- what you learned
- Complete our grade sheet
COMPLETE: You need a fully finished project page included all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain's Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Great Work Design Agent.
Amazing work, Visitor.
MASTERY: To earn your mastery:
- Get your artwork matted or mounted
- Actively participate in the class critique
- Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other's need to see what you have accomplished.
You are a truly special talent, Visitor!
There is greatness in your future!!
As an added Bonus if your Artwork is displayed in the Hall please claim the bonus loot with Extra Mastery.
You make your Captain and your school Proud.
You might want to consider submitting your artwork in competitions in the future. You deserve to be recognized on bigger stages!