Yuna really wanted you to focus on design skills, but the truth is you’ve gotta have skills to create design.
We’ve both agreed to put together this quest to challenge you with new digital skills while also pushing you to engage your creativity in design.
This is likely your first Epic Quest project of the semester. As you can see above it’s certainly worth a lot of more XP than your previous quests. This one will take some work and will show your ability to apply skills as you learn them.
The reason the loot is less than shown in the video is because there is SIGNIFICANT Bonus loot available in Stage 4 if you earn it. Gotta wait and see.
This quest has been a favorite on many former Agents. Now lets see what you can do with it.
Watch (and follow along with) these videos on how to complete each of the required design elements or techniques. These are the MINIMUM requirements for completion although remember, “Nothing is ever finished” in the CIA.
- Minus Front
- Linear and Radial Gradient
- Contrast of Size
- Replace Negative Space of Type
- Area Type
- Type of Path
- Asymmetrical Balance
- Color Scheme
Although “you are never finished” in the CIA, at some point we have to move on to the next quest. Follow these instructions carefully as you prepare your final document for submission.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ask The Captain to check out your work to see if he has any suggestions before you submit your final design.
- Finish requirements and final design execution
- PLEASE title your final digital artwork file correctly as lastname_firstinitial_asymmetrical.ai
- Submit this file to the Captain’s Server inside of “Graphic Design 1 > Asymmetrical” Folder
- Captain will begin printing these out when he gets about the first ten turned in.
- Save your Adobe Illustrator design file for the web to post on your completed Behance Project Page as the Cover and at the TOP of the post
Claim Stage Completion after final .ai file has been submitted and .jpg posted
- Ask the Captain to print your piece AND hang it on the lines at front of room if he hasn’t yet.
- Complete your Behance Project Page with all images, notes, and reflections.
Finally to gain your haul of loot paste the URL (web address) for your new epic Behance Project Post in the URL box below. If you have completed all the required elements and put your all into creating your final design you may complete this stage.
HINT: Big time Bonus loot available in final stage
Congratulations and well done Visitor. Clearly the Captain sees potential in your future. He doesn’t easily accept mediocre work so be proud. Now you need to assess yourself and consider your quality of work. Remember Integrity matters in the Creative Crusade
WATCH: How to Self-Assess
BONUS Self Assessment Loot:
After completion of your project and project page documentation choose one of the appropriate self-assessments for yourself. Consider the skill, craftsmanship, originality, and composition of your final Product: