Additional Epic Loot available in Stage 3!
Focusing on elements like Form, Texture, Value & Line; create abstract compositions that effectively utilize space and explore composition.
Remember: Using the design process is the most effective way of pushing your obvious boundaries and creating something inspired rather than basic.
Create your new Behance project page titled Abstract Compositions. Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and correctly document these 7 steps on the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
- Shoot at least 50-100 compositions of abstract material
- Produce at 2 final compositions for submission
- Use creative problem solving for a inspired and original solution
- Demonstrate an understanding of ABSTRACT
- Reintroduce yourself to your camera, composing, and developing digital imager)
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS & INSTRUCTION
Design Process STAGE 1: UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM
1. Consider what the goal of an Abstract composition.
- What is a Abstract?
- What is the goal of your art?
Design Process STAGE 2: Research and Investigate
Always record every resource either as a cited source or a linked resource with documentation on your project page.
2. Research information topic thoroughly
- Research Abstract designs
- Find examples of Abstract design.
- How could you create Abstract compositions?
- What techniques could help?
- Consider challenges with: Focus, Color, Contrast, Balance
My Diigo resource links for Abstract.
Design Process STAGE 3: Generate Possible Solutions
3. Brainstorm ideas for visual imagery representing elements of your topic — Show your brainstorming as idea webs, clouds, lists, found imagery, small sketches of elements
- Brainstorm – Subjects
- Brainstorm – Places
- Brainstorm – Techniques
Design Process STAGE 4: Select and Develop Best Solution
5. Select the best solution
- notate why you have chosen it
- Finalize details (when, where, lighting, assistance needed?)
- consider possible color schemes (can you change them)
- Document what Principles and Elements you might be able to use.
Design Process STAGE 5: Model and Prototype (Create)
6. Begin Shooting and Developing photos!
- Post at least portions (screen shots) of your proofsheets.
- 2 Final pieces should be exported for print and web.
- Don’t restrict yourself while shooting based on your plans.
- Remember Craftsmanship in focus and development matters.
Design Process STAGE 6: Test and Evaluate
7. Self-reflect on your design
- self-reflect and carefully evaluate your successes and difficulties
- How could you take it further?
- Ask others for their opinions and document the suggestions whether you agree with them or not.
- Refine or develop elements of the design that can be improved
- Consider asking the Captain for a brief In-Progress Critique
Design Process STAGE 7: Produce
8. Turn in and Post the final .JPG’s
- Turn high res files into the Coulson’s server
- Get final printed and mounted
- Post final Web images at TOP of your project page and pick one for the cover image
- Finalize Project Page with full self-reflection
- what you learned
- Fill our grade sheet for Coulson
COMPLETE: You need a fully finished project page included all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain’s Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Great Work Design Agent.
Amazing work, Visitor.
Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other’s need to see what you have accomplished.
- Matte or Mount for BONUS LOOT: Matte or Mount Bonus
BONUS Self Assessment Loot:
After completion of your project and project page documentation choose one of the appropriate self-assessments for yourself. Consider the skill, craftsmanship, originality, and composition of your final Product: