While extremely essential to a business's identity, a logo is just one part of a much larger identity system. Visitor, YOU will be responsible for understanding and creating a new Identity System for an organization.
Learning Outcome Goals
- Compare the use of the creative process in differing industries
- Create by exploring a variety of skills and techniques
Suggested Preliminary Quests:
Lynda.com - You many suggested Logo Courses assigned in your playlist
Classroom Reference Books:
(find them on the bookshelf at front of room)
- LOGO:LAB by Simmon - features 18 case studies demonstrating identity creation
- Logo Design Workbook by Adams Morioka
- Identity Solutions by Cullen & Schell
- Logolounge7 by Bill Gardner & Anne Hellman
- Logo Binder articles from Graphic USA magazine
- Communication Arts Design Annuals
Remember: All Epic Design Quests require documentation of your design process. Be sure you are very familiar with the design process before beginning any Epic Quest.
WARNING: The first deadline for this quest is Feb 17. After that deadline the quest will be worth 20% less each week!
To begin this project now you may click Accept.
First create your new project page titled Identity System. Now copy and paste the following as you will need to complete and correctly document these 7 steps of the your design process:
- Understand the Problem
- Research and Investigate
- Generate Possible Solutions
- Select AND DEVELOP Best Solution
- Model and Prototype (Create)
- Test and Evaluate
- Create a new Brand Identity for an entity of your choice, fictitious or authentic. This could be a business, club, organization.
- Consider NEW and unusual techniques for your designs including non-digital solutions
- Produce a complete identity system that is client presentation ready
- Use creative problem solving for a inspired and original solution
- Demonstrate how you used problem solving skills
- Explore and demonstrate at least one NEW digital skill (It is not required that you use the skill in your final solution)
COMPLETE: FIRST - You need a fully finished project page included all scanned sketchbook work with captions. Turn your your finished artwork to the Captain's Server. Finally Paste the URL to your project page below and you may then click complete.
Great Work Design Agent.
Amazing work, Visitor.
Go hang the finished piece on the Critique wall at the front of the classroom. Other's need to see what you have accomplished.
MASTERY: To earn your mastery:
- Get your artwork printed and matted or mounted (If its larger than 8.5 x 11 it will need to be matted or spray mounted. ask the Captain)
- Have it selected for display in the hall
You are a truly special talent, Visitor!
We have big plans for you!!